Google

Sunday, August 5, 2007

To avoid a conflict

For the last two weeks or so my friend's mother is going through some medical treatment and this weekend my friend was supposed to take her to the hospital. But, he went out of the town and poor boy, could not accomplish his task. When he came back, before interacting with his mother, he asked me that whether mom went to hospital or not. I said that I offered her, but she did not go.(one thing)

Generally, he is a straight forward person but reacts according to the situation and at that time he was looking in a jolly mood. He asked me, went out of room and I did not give any serious thought. Then, I realized that he could have asked his mother also as before asking to me he was approaching towards her room, but came back without meeting her. Probably, he did not want to meet her in that jolly mood as it would reflect to the mother that he is not concerned about her. He got out of that atmosphere and met her later on.(second thing)

Now, if I replace my cousin with person XYZ, person XYZ would have not that concerned and met the mother directly because love or relations are not dependent of any formalities and should not become a wall. But, I know that he(friend) understands all this, but probably the mother does not and he knows this.(third thing)

One thing that comes out of this exercise is that if you feel that you understands some point and second person does not understand it then you have to come down to his level and do not expect the second person to understand your point which requires much more understanding. Why, because understanding is also relative and is a resultant of knowledge. Now, in some aspect or field you may be more knowledgeable that others and the same thing applies to other people also. And, as everyone is on a different path and some appear to be farther ahead on their path than others. Neither path is better nor worse than another.

It is just a matter of time that who went to which path and what sort of knowledge one acquired on that particular path. You may have started early and others may yet to start. To make others understand one need to maintain the level and whenever necessary, need to come down also.

1 comment:

Pankaj Jangid said...

So there is a lession here about how to avoid a conflict. Nice thought.